SimsUshare Data Analysis Program (SDAP)
Our ongoing commitment is to learn how we can help customers improve the training effectiveness of SimsUshare. In an effort to understand how our customers use the product, we introduced the option for customers to allow SimsUshare to report basic information about application use while SimsUshare is actively in use. Our process is in compliance with the European privacy regulations known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). There is no personally-identifiable information collected and the data is kept confidential. The data will only be used for SimsUshare research and public reporting about overall usage trends.
When the customer opts-in to this program, SimsUshare collects and sends the following pieces of information:
- Date, time, and duration (in minutes) of last program use;
- Your user interface language;
- License code, if entered. Customers with multiple developers on a single license are reported under the same license code, if activated;
- Device platform (WINDOWS, MAC, IOS, or ANDROID);
- Whether the license code has expired;
- Number of simulations on the device (nothing, however, about contents of simulations);
- Number of simulations created, played, or edited during the current session;
- Whether the user used the application in the session for CTC participation; and,
- Whether any simulation the user edited uses SimsUshare States.
All opt-in and opt-out events are captured. If you have opted-in to this program and would like to opt-out, you can access the choice in the “Manage License” menu item from the main screen. On the page displayed, go to the menu and choose “SimsUshare Data Analysis Program”. You can check your device’s participation status and opt-out or opt-in. If you have any questions about SDAP, please contact us.